Tuesday, December 4, 2007

We're just about ready!

It's been a busy few weeks ... planning & preparing, we've got a little over a week to go & the 'priorities' are in place. I have never been so worried about a trip as this one, taking a child to a country just out of war isn't something I'd normally do!

However, everyone on routard.com assures me that its all fine & as I well know, children in Africa are well looked after. We're not going to Iraq after all!

So, the major hunt has been for drugs; of the clinical kind. We both have Lariam ready to start tomorrow. Together with the necessary dunking of her clothes & our mossie nets in premethin, we should have enough drugs to last us for a 12 month trip! Antibiotics, anti-histamines, anti-everything else are all packed up & ready to go.

Whether or not I remember to take stuff for me, such as clothes, shoes & something to wear bushwalking in northern Ghana is another matter but Dan has it all! Including a new backpack as we decided a suitcase was going to be a little on the difficult side for her!!!

Today I had a meeting with her history/geography teacher, a lovely man called M.Duriaux & I was thrilled to find someone else with my passion for Francophone Africa. He's lived & taught in a number of countries and gave me an outline of what he wants on our return for a school project. Someone went to bed earlier saying 'I thought this was meant to be a holiday'!!!!

No comments: