Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Nothing ever goes right when planning Africa ...

I know too well that I can't plan trips to Africa. Not even in Europe; it always starts off in an African fashion.

Yesterday plunged me into further chaos. I went to pay for Dan's ticket & pick mine up. All went well, I handed over the cheque & my travel agent got the tickets out, the lady who's usually there, Dominique, is wonderful but no I had to have the 'boss' who has yet to learn that to make a computer work, you must turn it on!

So I went through the tickets with him, and queried why my ticket was still showing a return time from Casablanca of 08.10 when I'd already been told that the airline had moved me to a later 16.35 time (meaning another long wait on the way home). He went through Dan's ticket and showed me the time of 16.35 for the return. I pointed out that the two tickets didn't match & we were returning on different flights .. and under no circumstances was I leaving a 12yr old in Casablanca alone for 8hrs or so.

He promised all would be fine; I asked for a new printout, he told me to get it done in Casablanca on arrival. Knowing full well the chaos that pervades anything official being done in Morocco I gave up with him as I knew he wouldn't be able to print anything out and went home.

Ringing the airline, I was on hold for a full 15minutes before speaking to some man that now promises me that we are on the same flight and has our seats booked all the way through to Abidjan and will be sending a new ticket through to my agents.

Progress at last!

No comments: