Friday, December 7, 2007

A week's countdown

We've got a week to go before leaving. I'm not sleeping, waking at 6am and getting online to work, daydream of Africa & feeling exhausted by 6pm but not actually managing to go to bed until midnight. I think this could be called stress!

Thanks to a contact in Assinie that Nico from http://thirdratetropics.blogspot.com who passed on the name of someone who has been incredibly kind & helpful. Landing at 2am anywhere in the world doesn't fill me with joy. Landing in Abidjan at that hour is probably the most ridiculous piece of airline scheduling I know! But beggars can't be choosers!

However, our wonderful contact, JB a Burkinabe, is due to send me a number by text of a small auberge who apparently does a pick-up service to the airport. Again, with the power of the net, this auberge's name was given to me by Olivier, a Frenchman who owns http://www.busuainn.com & lives in Busua, Ghana. We hope to see him & stay with him & his wife at Busua Inn during the trip.

With the amount of clothes that have yet again kindly been donated by Deirdre & Yvonne, childrens clothes & shoes that their children have grown out of; we have a ton of weight to carry. I've been trying to find somewhere in CI or neighbouring countries to drop this stuff off. By complete chance I came across 'Enfance Meurtrie Sans Frontières' http://www.emsf.org on the net the other day. Ringing it's Montpellier based Founder & President, Pasteur Claude - I discovered that they are in need of all this material & Madame Auguy (orphanage director) will be waiting for our arrival in Bassam ... so luckily (& selfishly) we don't have too far to carry all the donations!

No comments: